in Germany about 0.008% of the population is diagnosed as transsexual . This makes transsexual rights an extremely low priority in terms of minority rights, and it means that discussing this topic at all diverts our attention away from the great many of other minority groups that we could be more considerate and mindful about. Such as people suffering from depression (500 times more prevalent) or PTSD (1000 times more prevalent), or the thousands of people who die every year, because they are denied access to new experimental treatments. An almost endless list of similar topics exist that are literally thousands of times more important, because they affect much more people much more seriously, we can exert much more influence on them and we share more responsibility of them. It is therefore objectionable to even mention transsexual rights, in terms of improving society, in almost any situation.
Yet it seems this topic has become a cultural gag to many, a part time hobby to instigate discord with, vent off hate against people of different opinion and make themselves feel more virtuous than the other side, each inside their own ignorance. Politics and media institutions cash in on it as well, amplify it and bend it to their liking. In many ways this huge call-out on the topic makes the situation just much worse for transgendered people. Yet people continue to push it onto others, bend their mind around it and fight about it as some form of disturbed entertainment. It needs to stop.
The injection of this new radical ideology into our culture, which tries to turn the nature of human existence and biological realities upside down, creates a lot of ill effects. Actual harm can arise from this to a great many of people on the long run, especially children and teenagers. Additionally forcing such social changes, that are unarguably not rooted in science and reality, but ideology and short-sighted thinking, is bound to result in radicalized backlashes turning against transgendered people in general, as we have witnessed it in Poland.
This is why I wrote this very concise flyer as a printout in order to appeal to reason, educate and confront people about transgenderism, but in the real world, the offline world. Far away from the media circus, and far away from filter and lobbying bubbles in the highly volatile, censored and manipulated online content that we see today.
You are invited to print it out and hand it to others if the topic creates problems in your community.
Download Flyer in English
Download Flyer in German
The obvious harm-reducing and far-sighted solution to the issue is very simple:
- Children and vulnerable groups must be shielded from the idea, that gender-switching is a viable and accessible solution to experiencing confusion about one's own gender. Gender-switching must remain a last-resort means for a very small subset of affected people. Similar to how amputation of a limb can be considered as a last-resort means to address soomatoparaphrenia or body integrity dysphoria.
- Transgender people can attempt to live as the opposite gender, insofar as it goes mostly unnoticed that they have switched.
- If issues arise, such as with public figures and role models, transgender people must be truthful about their gender and caution people that the path they took in life is inherently more burdensome, than trying to accept and live with one's actual gender.
- Transgender people must raise awareness, that being confused about one's own gender can have many causes, most of which are potentially more harmful and dangerous to address through a transgender lifestyle, especially in children and adolescents.
- It is improper for people to demand to treat them as something they wish to be, rather than what they are. The objective truth that transgender people are born of one gender, trying to live as the other, must not be denied by personal feelings or ideology.
- Transgender people should have a place in society, in which they are accepted as transgendered, without demanding that society becomes ignorant of the fact.
transman Buck Angel on children & transgender ideology
Regrets of a Trans-Care Specialist | Sara Stockton | EP 342
Ideology VS Transsexualism | Buck Angel
This page or post was last modified on 2023-05-07 .